Maxym Palenko (3.12.1976)
Maxym Palenko is one of the most talented illustrators of the younger generation in Ukraine. He was born in the town of Novoolexandrivsk in the Dnipropetrovsk region of central Ukraine and—as the son of a mother who was a Ukrainian language teacher and a father who was an artist at heart—was an avid reader and scribbler in his own right in childhood. He graduated from the Dnipropetrovsk Art School in 1996 and the Lviv Academy of Printing in 2001.
In addition to illustrating beautiful books, Palenko is a lyricist and performs with the “Vertep” troupe of wandering minstrels in Dnipropetrovsk. He enjoys bicycling and spending time with his beloved daughter Sofia.
Published by A-BA-BA-HA-LA-MA-HA in Ukrainian:
- Halyna Pahutiak: “The Escape of the Animals”, 2006
- Sashko Dermansky: “A Wonderful Monster”, 2006
- Sashko Dermansky: “A Wonderful Monster in the Land of Monstrous Beasts”, 2010
- Volodymyr Rutkivsky: “The Squires of Cossack Shvayka”. 1st book of the dilogy “Squires of Cossack Shvayka” 2007
- Volodymyr Rutkivsky: “The Squires-Sorcerers”. 2nd book of the dilogy “Squires of Cossack Shvayka” , 2009
- Volodymyr Rutkivsky: “The Squires and the Submarine”. 3rd book of the dilogy “Squires of Cossack Shvayka” 2010
- Volodymyr Rutkivsky: “The Frontier Guard”, 2012
- Oleksandr Havrosh: “Pyntia, the Bandit in the Cursed City”, 2013