The Snow Queen
Author: Hans Christian AndersenGenre: Fairy tales and short stories
Illustrations by: Vladyslav Yerko
Age group: For kids aged 2 to 102
Type of publication: gift-book, hardcover, glossy, dust-cover, colorful
Format: 235×308 mm
Number of pages: 32
RRP in Ukraine: 230 UAH
On sale since September 2000
This wintry tale has warmed the hearts of children around the world for almost 200 years. It was written by master storyteller Hans Christian Andersen (1805—1875). The tale describes the amazing adventures of Gerda, who goes off in search of her friend Kay after the Snow Queen takes him away.
The illustrations to the book were created by Vladyslav Yerko, a well-known Ukrainian illustrator and recipient of many awards at prestigious art and book fairs. He also received the title “Man of Books” when he was named best artist for 2002 by the Moscow “Book Review”. His illustrations became widely known through his work on the books of Paulo Coelho and his work on Andersen's “The Snow Queen”, which won the Grand Prix award in the “Book of the Year” Contest for 2000.
A well-known writer Paulo Coelho once said of Yerko's “The Snow Queen”: “This is the most wonderful children's book I've seen in my life”.
Versos and Rectos (the Ukrainian edition)
- Grand Prix of the 2000 Book of the Year National Contest
- Best in the nomination “The most beautiful edition” (2000 Book of the Year National Contest)
- Best in the nomination “Children’s Holiday” (2000 Book of the Year National Contest)
- 1st award of the Book Art of Ukraine National Contest
- The title “Man of Books” of the Moscow magazine “The Book Review” (Russia, 2002) for the illustrator Vladyslav Yerko
- “Best children’s book-2006” (USA), Anderson House Foundation
The book has been published in many countries throughout the world
19 December, 2012, on St. Nicholas Day, the presentation of the iPad interactive version of “The Snow Queen” from “A-BA-BA-HA-LA-MA-HA Publishers” and the “TIMECODE” company took place.